Audio and Video stuttering/freezing

Panos Beltis

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
I don't know how even to explain this, but every time I am watching a video with windows 10 media player, sometimes the video gets laggy, or freezing a bit, the sound sounds like distorted and the image is freezing constantly, it doesn't do that always, it does it once in a while barely on an episode or something, either when watching anime, or a tv show. On Youtube I never experienced this kind of issue or I don't remember experiencing it at all. My sound output is good, since I can talk and chat with others in discord with no problems whatsoever, so, what gives? I am using Realtek HD Audio, I also tried to remove the enhancements, nothing works, it's like my video player is broken and that's a shame, considering I had the same exact issue with Windows 7 with MKPlayer, and I upgraded to Windows 10, and that to find the same issue. I even deleted the old system folder, and it's clearly more like a pure format to win10, so, I am confused, If I can see and hear fine YT videos, if I can talk with others fine on Discord, then why the hell does it have a problem with media player? Do I need to download anything else extra?

Panos Beltis

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
It's not my system's issue, since I can play video games, talk with people, and watch YT videos with no issues, but here it goes :

cpu : intel i-5 4550 3.2GHz
gpu : gtx 970 evga 4gb sc2
ram : 8gb
motherboard : asrock z87 extreme 4
resolution : 1920x1080

aLxv1

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
A while back I had the same issue, but backwards(on youtube and general web surfing). General stutter, especially audio, like something out of a horror movie. Tried everything, reinstalling audio drivers, trying NVIDIA's audio divers and a lot of more sensless stuff. Stupidly enough what was causing this was my firewall (ZoneAlarm). Uninstalled it and switched to Avast's Internet security's firewall (I had it disabled). Not sure if it's related but it's a "filtering" issue. Have you tried using a different video player like VLC?

Panos Beltis

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015

Either try to actually help others in need, or don't say bullshit to play it like a troll. You asked probably the most ridiculous question, why is it ridiculous? Because I already stated on my fucking original post that I can see videos and talk with others perfectly fine, so it's obviously something else, either a driver issue or with it's enhancements which I can't find any error anywhere, so it's a software issue, if it was hardware/system's specs , then I wouldn't be able to listen others, and I wouldn't be able to hear and watch from YT for example.

You didn't help, you asked a bullshit question, you are full of shit and irony, here's the door to your life, now fuck off will ya? Fuck off.

Panos Beltis

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015

Not sure either, thank you for notifying me, this will probably be one of my last options to check out, still trying to figure it out though, maybe it's something simple and I don't know it yet.

Panos Beltis

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015

Will this also help with the freezing/stuttering second issue on the media player? Because so far the media can play anything I've tried, but it has only this issue that happens from time to time. Thanks though, I'll check it out and see what happens.