Need suggestions for this configuration I've made

Samu1709

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
First, hello to everyone.

Recently I've made, with the help of friends and experts (on this forum too), this configuration for a gaming PC I plan to buy in these months.
Before start buying, I'd like to have a final checkup, and I thought of asking for your help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
MOBO: Asrock AB350M-HDV AMD B350
RAM: HyperX Fury HX421C14FB2/8 DDR4, 8 GB, 2133 MHz
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM010 HDD 1 TB
PSU: Corsair CX550M CP-9020102-EU ATX/EPS, 550 W

My budget is no more than €800, and I still have to decide the case.
Thanks in advance.

good build. couple of things. get a 2 x 4 matched kit for the ram. You can then use dual channel mode, which allows a little more theoretical bandwidth. Also, go for 2400mhz ram as a min. It will take oc ram up to 3200mhz. it will again give you more bandwidth.

edit: check your ram against the QVL for your mobo to ensure best compatibility.

1. For a gaming box, I hesitate to recommend low budget Ryzen boards because of the outdated and low budget audio and LAN subsytems (Realtek ALC887 & Realtek 8111GR).

2. Please don't buy a single stick or RAM and put it in a dual channel board. Adding a 2nd stick later is a crapshoot.

3. I can not recommend the CXM series PSUs ... good PSU for the money and Id use it on an office box, but not on a gaming box. On budget builds, we use the Seasonic S12 520

4. If at all possible, and no room in budget for an SSD, I'd get a 1 TB SSHD, will add about €27

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/

can't really disagree with you there, although on point 2, unless your an audio technician, you will really not need anything else. For standard gaming machines, they are absolutely fine, and work perfectly well. The ALC887 is fine for most.

I think you meant item 1.

I am not a big gamer and I don't play shooters ... but the users we build for do. And they all insist on ALC 1150 / 1220 .... not only is the sound better, but if you want to be able to target that sniper behind you by where you heard the sound come from, they want the 1150/1220. Any who not, you can buy ALC 1220 boards for barely over $100

Of course if you are listening on a $19 set of headphones, you won't realize any befit and it won't be worth the investment. My son (27) plays shooters and flight battle things competitively (cash involved) and this is usually the 2nd thing mentioned after GFX card.

oops :) yes :) I have a B350 board with the ALC887. I can hear the rear positional audio just fine. No issues what so ever. I also play FPS games/shooters.

For the extreme players like you've pointed out who want every minuscule advantage then maybe the high end audio solutions will be better. But for most, not required.

Samu1709

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
Buying two sticks of 4GB each instead of only a stick of 8GB is better, for sure, so I've changed to another offer,
About the PSU, I chose to buy another with a bit more voltage and less costly.
Regarding the MOBO, I'll take your advice.

Thank y'all kindly