Help please, machine check exception blue screen of death

spenserhill64

Commendable
Sep 8, 2017
Alright guys so here goes, I've got a new build, just finished it a week ago, and she was working beautifully, msi z270 gaming pro, i7700k, gtx 1080, 16gb gskill, kraken x62 cooler, 550w seasonic psu, 1 tb HD, windows ten installed as an update from 8, I overclocked the CPU to 4.8 through the bios using frequency ratios and voltage was at 1.36, everything was working fine been having long gaming sessions and stable temps then all the sudden today it crashes in the middle of a game and I get the blue screen machine check exception, it got hung up on (60%) restart and it did this multiple times, on one reboot and only one it said "overclocking failed, restore defaults" I hit f2 to restore defaults and it froze, I kept trying to reboot and I was getting no signal in my monitor, so I took out the GPU, removed the cmos from the motherboard for a minute and hooked up my motherboard to the monitor using a dvi, was able to get into bios and then it froze, now I'm back at square one, no signal to the monitor, I sunk two months of savings from my crappy job so I could have this sweet release to look forward to when I come home, any suggestions on a fix guys?

G

Overclocking is a rich man's game.

To reset the bios, don't remove the cmos.

1. Power off the computer and unplug the power cord
2. Use a jumper cap to short JBAT1 for about 5-10 seconds. It's between the two pciex16 slots closest to the CPU.
3. Remove the jumper cap from JBAT1.
4. Plug the power cord and power on the computer

Most of today's modern MoBos need to jumpers o battery removal to clear CMOS... a button on the back has been pretty common since Z87

Before doing that tho and getting to 60%, enter BIOS and pick the "set all this crap to defauts" option and you should be fine. Only proceed to CMOS restart if the BIOS reset doesn't work.

spenserhill64

Commendable
Sep 8, 2017
Sorry guys I'm not 100% sure how to respond on these threads yet, but I can't reset in bios because A. It froze in bios and B. I don't even have a signal to my monitor now from my gpu or my motherboard which I was able to do before, when it froze on me for the probably fifth time, I will try the jumper Andy Chow first thing tomorrow morning and see if that helps

G

If you don't have an available jumper, you can short the pins by making both pins contact with a wire or a coin or something. You just need to make sure the contact stays at least 12 seconds. wait 20 seconds if you need to.

spenserhill64

Commendable
Sep 8, 2017
Okay so I rest the motherboard using a paper clip connecting the two JBAT1 connectors, I triple checked all my cables and put my gpu back in and started it up, all the lights are on, all the fans are running, but no signal to my monitor from both my gpu and motherboard through integrated graphics chip, I checked the CPU out before hand and it doesn't look fired at all, all pins and connectors look good, what do i do?