Does USB to HDMI work for double monitors?

mooshroom22368

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
I was wondering if this (https://www.amazon.com/USB3-0-HDMI-adapter-1-Pack/dp/B071VJN7VV/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505351403&sr=1-4&keywords=usb+to+hdmi+external+video+card) would work because I got a second monitor but my computer has only 1 hdmi out port and 1 in port. Can I use this to change the resolution and size, and use it like normal double monitors (not just a clone of the other screen)

Edit: I have a Alienware Alpha and I am connecting a Gateway Monitor and a small Orion TV.

Also would a fiber optic cable work? both the computer and the TV have fiber optic ports.

Solution
The optical ports on the TV and PC are audio output ports. Connecting them together won't do a thing. You should be able to use the adapter like a normal output. The performance will be limited.

mooshroom_mafia

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
kanewolf (this is my second account) wil the thing from Amazon work though (thanks for clearing that up with the fiber optic ports but the one on the tv is an input and the one on the computer doesn't clearly say)

mooshroom_mafia

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
kanewolf are you saying that it will work but it won't be as fast bc the tv is just for stats and stuff during stream so it doesn't have to be super fast as if I was playing COD