How to get AUX or Bluetooth in my car?

G4TNguyen

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
Right now, I'm driving a 2004 Lexus ES330 and the only way to get my own music from my phone to play in the car is through a cassette to AUX player that is very unreliable. The only ways to play music in my car are through a CD player, cassette player and radio at the moment. Is there a way to get an AUX or Bluetooth connection to my phone without replacing say the whole stereo in my car?

Solution
It depends on the stereo that's in your car, and what inputs it has. I drive an 05 Nissan and had a place put in a Grom Audio adapter directly in to the SAT input on my factory stereo. In my case it provides both an AUX line and a USB line in to the stereo and works pretty well. The only reason I didn't go bluetooth is I have a separate bluetooth adapter already in place. But my stereo had the hookups for it, your mileage may vary. I have some complaints, as most add ons aren't perfect, but it usually gets the job done.

Look for a fairly high end-ish stereo place in town, or ask the Lexus dealership who they send their stuff to. Chances are they might have an option for you. Otherwise it's time to look in to a new deck which will have...
It depends on the stereo that's in your car, and what inputs it has. I drive an 05 Nissan and had a place put in a Grom Audio adapter directly in to the SAT input on my factory stereo. In my case it provides both an AUX line and a USB line in to the stereo and works pretty well. The only reason I didn't go bluetooth is I have a separate bluetooth adapter already in place. But my stereo had the hookups for it, your mileage may vary. I have some complaints, as most add ons aren't perfect, but it usually gets the job done.

Look for a fairly high end-ish stereo place in town, or ask the Lexus dealership who they send their stuff to. Chances are they might have an option for you. Otherwise it's time to look in to a new deck which will have everything you're looking for out of the box.

*Update. Quick search through gromaudio.com showed they have models that should fit your car. Find a place with a good reputation in town and ask them about exact options and install price/guarantee.

Solution