Asus vg248qe blurry and 720 resolution on 144hz HELP

thenamespips

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
I just got my brand new gaming pc and hooked up my dvi cable to the monitor. It was perfect at 60hz until when I changed it to 144hz it gave me a 3D vision and 720p resolution wide screen. I looked over forums after forums and haven't found any solution. I tried using nvidia control panel and taking off the 3D settings but still didn't help. If someone can please help me with this issue!

Solution
Did you try different cable? Display Port or HDMI? But HDMI needs to be 1.4 or higher to get higher hz. Try different DVI port or use dual DVI.
Or reinstall Nvidia driver with clean install (check that checkbox while installing). This way you lose your Nvidia settings, but this could solve the problem.

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Did you try different cable? Display Port or HDMI? But HDMI needs to be 1.4 or higher to get higher hz. Try different DVI port or use dual DVI.
Or reinstall Nvidia driver with clean install (check that checkbox while installing). This way you lose your Nvidia settings, but this could solve the problem.

Solution

Are you sure you are using a Dual-Link DVI cable, and not a Single-Link DVI cable? As suggested above, try using DisplayPort if you can.

VG248QE's HDMI port doesn't support over 60 Hz unfortunately.