Changing Tom's Hardware email acct.

Dragon4570

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
I have tried to change the email account associated with my Tom's Hardware account since the new update. I cannot find any link to either create a new account with the correct email address and then merge it into my existing one or to simply edit the existing one to and email account I still have access to. There is no longer an edit radio button next to the email address in the user account profile settings. Please let me know how to go about changing this in the new system.

4745454b

Titan
These are the steps to take that I copied from a Mod list we have. I know we've changed things recently and I'm currently asking if these steps still work. If you've tried this and it doesn't work, sit tight. I'm asking what to do already. Keep in mind today is Friday and we might not hear back until after the weekend.

1) Go to account settings: http://www.tomshardware.com/community/account

2) Under "Related Accounts", they must click "Add account"

3) From here, they must register and confirm a new account.

4) They then must log in with this second account, using the newly registered email.
4A) This will result in them being logged in to the original account.
4B) The dummy account is never used again and becomes inaccessible, despite still being, for all intents and purposes, present and existing in the database.

5) Then they have to navigate back to account settings

6) Under "Related Accounts", they need to hit "Edit" and choose the new email to act as the main email.

Dragon4570

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
There is no option to "add Account" there at all. the only options are to edit contact mode, and to unsubscribe which it says will delete everything. there is nothing on that page to allow editing of the contact email address in the database.

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi there!

As the mods have said, we're experiencing some difficulties with the forums after we recently implemented new sign-in authorization software!

Please be sure to email us at: community@tomshardware.com with your username, the email account associated with it, and the new email you'd like to connect your account with. From there we can manually change.

We apologize for the inconvenience, please let me know if I can do anything else for you : )

Best,
Caitlin