I sold my laptop and buyer is asking for bitlocker code

tearliner

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
I recently sold a surface 4 through craigslist. I already factory resetted and cleared everything before I gave it to him. According to him, he did another factory reset on his own and now he tells me he is stuck in the boot screen because it requires a bitlocker code.

My question is... is it safe to give out bitlocker code to a stranger? will he have an access to my old browser history/account + pw even when i factory resetted once myself? Any advice would be helpful. He claims he cannot get back into windows

Solution
I've known a factory reset miss the SdCard completely even though it says it deletes everything. If you left a card with some Bitlocker protected data on it, that could cause what's happened. To be certain you get it back, offer to call round and take a look.

Remove the SdCard and hopefully that will cure this. If necessary, take a new card of the same rating to stop him asking for some money back.
I've known a factory reset miss the SdCard completely even though it says it deletes everything. If you left a card with some Bitlocker protected data on it, that could cause what's happened. To be certain you get it back, offer to call round and take a look.

Remove the SdCard and hopefully that will cure this. If necessary, take a new card of the same rating to stop him asking for some money back.

Solution