PC won't display after sleep mode

Sep 16, 2017
My son's pc was put into sleep mode but when he tried to get it back on, nothing happened on the screen. He eventually powered it off and then turned it back on but still nothing came onto the screen, not even the bios options. I just tried a different monitor and still the same problem. It is an i7 16gb ram and recently purchased, it is running win10. Can anyone help?

Solution
First, Verify if the monitor is powered by the AC/DC wall plug, then verify the HDMI/DVI/VGA/Display Port cables. If not working, go to the troubleshooting step #1.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
1: Look if the PSU is powed on and the power cable is not damaged
If this doesnt work go to step 2
2: Open your case
3: Locate the GPU (Grphics Card)
4: Verify if the GPU power cable is correctly installed ( the 6 pin/ 8pin connector on the top of the GPU)
If this doesn't work go to step 5
5: Verify if the GPU is correctly seated in the PCIe slot and cliped
If this doesn't work go to step 6
6: Remove the CPU cooler
7: Gently remove the CPU ( If you dont know how to do it watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVLUIRF7K4U)
8: Replace the CPU

trollzhxtroll

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
First, Verify if the monitor is powered by the AC/DC wall plug, then verify the HDMI/DVI/VGA/Display Port cables. If not working, go to the troubleshooting step #1.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
1: Look if the PSU is powed on and the power cable is not damaged
If this doesnt work go to step 2
2: Open your case
3: Locate the GPU (Grphics Card)
4: Verify if the GPU power cable is correctly installed ( the 6 pin/ 8pin connector on the top of the GPU)
If this doesn't work go to step 5
5: Verify if the GPU is correctly seated in the PCIe slot and cliped
If this doesn't work go to step 6
6: Remove the CPU cooler
7: Gently remove the CPU ( If you dont know how to do it watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVLUIRF7K4U)
8: Replace the CPU
9: Replace the cooler
That should be working now, if not, the GPU of the motherboard is broken

Solution