Help with Upgrading Air Cooler (for i7-6700k)

HiVan

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017
Hey guys, so I have an i7-6700k cpu which is being cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Led.
I am planning to upgrade this because I am getting fairly higher temps than usual even when I turned off the turbo thingy so it's capped at 4ghz. Although when I tried stress testing it reacher only 73 celcius at 100% load. I know this is just fine, but I was really thinking to get a better cooler.

I was thinking of going for the Hyper 212 Led Turbo: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-led-turbo/
I'm not really sure if there will be a big difference, but what do you guys think?

popatim

Titan
Its the same base cooler with an extra fan. Unless you are returning the LED save yourself a few bucks and just get another 120 mm fan to put on the back.. The LED comes with the extra fan brackets for that reason.

But it sounds like you may have other issues going on with your cooling situation. Which case do you have, where is it located, and please describe how the case fans are setup (location and direction of airflow) Thanks.

HiVan

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017

I might opt for the Noctua NH-D15 after all since it's a beast of a cooler also I have 62mm RAM modules.
At any rate, I have a Mastercase Maker 5 (Cooler Master), (where is what located?), there are two front case fans pulling air in and one rear case fan pushing air out.