Cooling for new build

lu1newemail

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
I recently moved to Netherlands and want to build a new PC for Gaming and dealing with projects from the university course which I'm taking here (Game design and development).

This is my first custom liquid cooling build and I would take all the help I can get on deciding what to buy to keep this cool and at the same time don't go crazy on the cost of the loop.

When i decided to go for a Custom liquid cooling ordering everything from EKWB website and be done with it was the first thing that came into mind but before i do i thought it best to see if someone has a better idea.

Also I'm still undecided on the Ram and Monitor so if someone has any input about that, it would be appreciated.

CPU
Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard
Asus - MAXIMUS IX FORMULA ATX LGA1151

RAM
Corsair - Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Or
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

GPU(SLI)
GIGABYTE AORUS Xtreme GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB 11GD
GIGABYTE AORUS Xtreme GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB 11GD

SSD
Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD
Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

PSU
Corsair AX1200i

Case
Corsair - 780T ATX Full Tower Case

Monitor
Asus - ROG SWIFT PG348Q 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz
Or
Acer Predator X34A 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz

And a 27” as a second monitor

Mattz982

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hiya,
So from my experience, I mainly used Overclockers UK to purchase all my parts. They ship to Holland though, the shipping is about €20.
With this I find that you get the best choice of parts, as you don't have to go with EK for everything. I personally find that BitsPower make the best fittings, although XSPC ones are cheaper. So if you see what im getting at, you get more to choose from.

I would use EK mainly for blocks, and maybe radiators, although there are others just as good that are a little cheaper
I actually prefer the look of the XSPC pump/res combo units, although that is subjective, and an EK one would be just as good, just make sure the pump is either D5 or DDC, as these tend to be the best types of pump ( I think D5 is the all round best).
Tubing and coolant is really up to what you want as they buyer, hardline or soft tubing, most of them on OcUK are decent. I would go with clear and then get coloured coolant. People use all sorts, but I like Mayhems, never had a problem with them and they have lots of choice.
Finally fittings. I would highly recommend BitsPower. They have all sorts of fittings and are very reliable. I wouldn't skimp here, as these are points of failure in a loop.

With the GPU's, they're waterforce cards, but I would say get the normal versions, then get some EK blocks and include them in the loop, it will be overall better looking, cooler and quieter. Thats just my opinoin

I can help you choose parts if you want, just say.

In terms of components. The RAM is the same pretty much. If you need to save money then go for the Vengeance, if you have loads spare, get the Dominator (it's meant to be slightly better).

Of the two monitors there, I would go for the Asus one, supposedly has better colour, and is 100Hz out of the box, rather than needing to be in OC mode like the Acer does. Only trade off is that the Acer has a 4ms GtG whereas the Asus has 5ms GtG, it's nothing that you'll notice. Another option, if you're a big FPS guy, would be the Asus ROG SWIFT PG279Q, it's a 27" 1440p 165Hz G-Sync IPS monitor, about £200 less than the others. Thats all up to you though.

lu1newemail

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
well it took so long for anyone to answer i already ordered the parts
went with the Vengance LPX ram and asus monitor changed the case to phantek primo tho
alphacool fittings but for rotaries i went with bitspower
XSPC d5pump and res
Black Ice Nemesis Radiator GTX 480 – Black
Black Ice Nemesis Radiator GTX 240 – Black
mayhemx clear for coolant
Phanteks PH-F120MP for the rad fans

Very good radiators.

Only bummer with that case (I have it) is that it will not hold that 480mm rad in the bottom :(
I had to mod the case to be able to since I did not want it on top.

But overall the parts looks good :)