Fresh Install Windows 10 ASUS Laptop Keeps Rebooting To Express Settings Screen

dab18351

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my wifes ASUS laptop and I used PC River and downloaded everything from the Windows 10 iso download right onto the laptop not saving anything. Everythging went fine (took a while...) then I got to the part where you have to put in the time zone and stuff and then it says using the express settings and I did that but then it rebooted and went back to the same place time zone and express settings and keeps rebooting to the same screens over and over again and wont go any further..

Solution
Hmm, that is odd. If you can, rerun the media creation tool on another PC and choose Create installation for another PC as this is how you make USB and DVD.

An upgrade shouldn't even go near the language screens so its odd that it did. It should use the settings inplace from previous install. Something has gone wrong

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

I would suggest a fresh install to fix this, once you copied everything you want to save off laptop, change boot order in bios so USB/DVD first, boot drive second, boot from the Installer USB/DVD

follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
How did you download it onto PC and then install it on same PC without using USB or DVD?

If I misunderstood, did you use a USB to install it? As what you should do is, once it gets to this stage of the install and PC says its going to restart, remove the USB and it should just continue the install process

5409d1412183017-clean-install-windows-10-a-6_install_windows_10.jpg

It seems that the PC is still seeing the USB as the boot drive and is using it instead of using the laptops hdd. Removing the USB stops it doing this.

dab18351

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

It said either upgrade this PC now or create installation cd for another PC. So I upgraded this PC now and it went through everything just fine until I got to that part. No Flash drive or CCD used.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hmm, that is odd. If you can, rerun the media creation tool on another PC and choose Create installation for another PC as this is how you make USB and DVD.

An upgrade shouldn't even go near the language screens so its odd that it did. It should use the settings inplace from previous install. Something has gone wrong

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

I would suggest a fresh install to fix this, once you copied everything you want to save off laptop, change boot order in bios so USB/DVD first, boot drive second, boot from the Installer USB/DVD

follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution