Reinstall Windows due to missing MSVCP 100.dll?

sqweeps

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
So I ran into this issue when I powered down my computer after accidentally removing the power to my GPU while the power was on. After turning the computer back on I was presented with WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. I eventually went to safe mode and reset the drive and restored the OS.

I wanted to make sure my GPU was okay so I tried to run unigine benchmark but it wouldnt let me due to a missing MSVCP 100.dll. I tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ to try to repair the missing file but that didnt work.

Should I just wipe the drive (there isnt anything on there anyway) and do a clean install of the OS from a flash drive? Suggestions would be helpful on what my best course of action is.

Solution
Whats the best way to go about wiping my drive so I can use a flash drive to install windows? I've never had to do a complete wipe, but I feel its the best option since I have nothing to lose.

During the Windows setup process, it will ask you where you want to install Windows....Just delete any partitions you find in this section under "Drive 0", and click next.......Windows will automatically re-create a 500mb system partition, along with the remaining drive partition and start to install.

sqweeps

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017

I actually already did this and it said my files were totally intact. This is why I posted the thread. I just about ran out of ideas on how to fix this issue.

Neur0nauT

Admirable

Could be a corrupted .dll or missing .dll

If you've nothing to lose on the drive, I would just reinstall Windows. Its quite quick to get W10 back up and running now. Make sure you get the latest version HERE

sqweeps

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017

Whats the best way to go about wiping my drive so I can use a flash drive to install windows? I've never had to do a complete wipe, but I feel its the best option since I have nothing to lose.

You need a bootable windows USB boot from the USB then follow steps from there and format the C drive your windows partition

Neur0nauT

Admirable

During the Windows setup process, it will ask you where you want to install Windows....Just delete any partitions you find in this section under "Drive 0", and click next.......Windows will automatically re-create a 500mb system partition, along with the remaining drive partition and start to install.

Solution