Plugged in a monitor, now I can't boot?

Zii

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Nice setup, working well for many years. Using an HD monitor connected with an HDMI cable.

Last night I decided to plug in another monitor (using DVI) and as soon as I screwed it into my GPU, my other monitors screen went blank. "power saving mode" it said. No signal.

I restart, and get a blue screen.
Unplugged the new monitor, still blue screen.
Unplugged PC, pressed power button, plugged it back in.
New blue screen, still can't boot.

So I guess I might as well try safe mode then? Since nothing else has worked.
But no. Can't boot into safe mode either.
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (bsscrdbus.sys)

How can I fix my boot issue if I can't get into safe mode?
It looks like bsscrdbus has something to do with RAM, how is it that my RAM got messed up when I plugged in a monitor?

And if I do manage to boot into safe mode somehow, what do I do then? Delete bsscrdbus? Something else?

PC has my files for school, and thesis draft is due in a week....
Thanks

Solution
if the pc has onboard video turn it off and unplug the power and the gpu. power pc back up from onboard video if there no bsod. get your data off the pc then check to see that the old gpu is seated and remove all of the old drivers with a video driver removal tool online.
if the pc has onboard video turn it off and unplug the power and the gpu. power pc back up from onboard video if there no bsod. get your data off the pc then check to see that the old gpu is seated and remove all of the old drivers with a video driver removal tool online.

Solution

Zii

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013

Unfortunately, this motherboard has no onboard GPU :(

Is there really no way of fixing this without taking it all apart?

Zii

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Ended up taking the whole damn thing apart.

Spent some time rewiring EVERYTHING because the cable management was awful.
(Although taking 1 RAM stick out solved the BSOD problem, and I put it back in after successful reboot)

The only problem is that I can't get my GPU seated in all the way. The back end of it is at an upward angle. Tried everything, won't go in without me cracking the mobo. Display works though, so I can safely ignore the GPU issue?