Monitor won't display anything after moving desktop across country

jokerandjohn1

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I removed the graphics card and SSD before shipping it across the country. Now my new monitor wont display anything. We tried plugging in my computer into my roommates monitor and it didn't work at all. Its not my monitor as I plugged it in with my roommates desktop and it worked fine, we also plugged in his graphics card into my computer, but that also didnt work which means it's probably not my graphics card, and probably something in my motherboard, but I have no idea what. Everything seems to be plugged in properly. Tried DVI in both the motherboard and the graphics card, tried VGA and the DP port with no luck.

Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980TI 6GD5T OC

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS 220-GS-0650-V1 80+ GOLD 650W

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz

The motherboard has onboard video, does the system not work even on that? Does it turn on at all, what happens when you hit the power button? Did you re-seat the RAM and the CPU, power connections, etc...? If you did, you may want to check what insurance the shipping company offers for this.

jokerandjohn1

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

The motherboard has on board video, but that doesn't work when I plug the DVI to it. When I hit the power button everything seems to turn on fine, the fans on the cooling system and on the graphics card start to spin, but nothing appears on any monitor. I have no re-seated anything besides the power connections to the graphics card and the graphics card itself. Luckily I bought insurance on the computer before I shipped it across the country. I will try re-seating everything else later today and will update with results.