HELP! Dram led on while PC on and monitor has no signal.

Chrisxtian

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016
This is driving me nuts already. The problem is my pc boots but my monitor says no signal. Both monitor and is working fine.

My specs:
Cpu: i5 6500
Mboard: Asus h170 gaming pro
Gpu: MSI GTX 1060 6gb
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Quad 4gb 2133
Ssd: Samsung Evo 250gb
Hdd: WD Caviar blue 1 Tb
Psu: Corsair RMx 550
Monitor: Asus VG248QE

What Ive done so far:
-checked the cables properly plugged (display port, hdmi, dvi)

-removed battery for about 20mins and put it back in

-did not removed gpu, plugged each cables(dp, hdmi, dvi) to board and gpu

-removed the gpu and tried each cables to the board

-removed ssd

-reseat and swap locations of ram

-cleaned rams using eraser

-unplug the power cord and pressed the power button for 2 mins

All of these actions has no positive result. Please, if anyone knows how to solve this please help me I've been trying to figure this out for two days. Thank you

UPDATE: I was fool for not noticing this but the DRAM_LED was red whenever I turned on my PC. Could that be the problem?

UPDATE: SOLVED! Solution was re-reseat and cleaned all rams. Use force when putting back in. :)

Solution
Try removing the GPU and booting with just the integrated graphics.

You say you've tried reseating and swapping RAM modules, but have you tried with just a single module. I've had builds that wouldn't POST the intial boot after a CMOS clear with all all the modules installed, but I could add them back after the first successful POST and it would boot with zero issue.

casey_souder

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Try removing the GPU and booting with just the integrated graphics.

You say you've tried reseating and swapping RAM modules, but have you tried with just a single module. I've had builds that wouldn't POST the intial boot after a CMOS clear with all all the modules installed, but I could add them back after the first successful POST and it would boot with zero issue.

Solution
The most common problem is that the monitor's default cable connection is not the one you are using. Use the OSD menu on the monitor to make sure that the menu selection matches the cable used.

yu said:

-checked the cables properly plugged (display port, hdmi, dvi)

Well which of the 3 are you using ? The one you picked must be the one in the OSD menu ... newer models will auto select but some don't.

Chrisxtian

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016

Hi there, thank you for replying on my thread. I tried your suggestion but nothing happened. I tried swapping each ram but I still have no signal on my monitor. I updated my thread and I did not noticed that that DRAM_LED was lit whenever i turned on the PC. Is it maybe because of that?

Hi, thanks for replying on my thread. I used each cables I have which are display port, hdmi and dvi. All of them did not worked. Also change the video source on my monitor depends on which cable Im using. I updated my thread by the way. Apparently I was an idiot for not noticing that DRAM_LED was on whenever I turned on the pc. Could that be the problem?

Chrisxtian

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016
I solved it. When I tried to re-seat all ram I wasn't giving little pressure/force for it to go all the way down. All I had to do was clean it again with a eraser and applied small amount of force when putting back in. Now everything is fine :D Thank you for replying on my thread JackNaylorPE and casey_souder.