How can i make the best of AMD FX-6300

5oulja

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Hey Everyone,
I currently have the following:

CPU processor: FX 6300 (overclocked to 4.1 ghz)
MOBO: msi 970 gaming am3+
video card: sapphire nitro r7 370
cooler: cooler master 212 evo
ram: 8 gb kingston hyper x fury black
power supply: corsair cx-600

Where can i upgrade to get the optimal build on the fx 6300 with this motherboard.

Solution
1. Better cooler. The hyper212 is decent, but with that cpu and the current state of games, you really need to be pushing the OC to its limits, 4.6GHz+ and the hyper212 can't handle that much and still retain decent temperatures.
2. The r7 370 is slightly better than a gtx1050ti, bordering the performance of a gtx1060/3Gb. On a 1080p/60Hz monitor (most of what you'll find anywhere) that's about an average setup, if a little on the lower end of average. Only a move to a gtx1070/Rx580 would be an honest upgrade and slightly beyond what that cpu can adequately handle.
16Gb of ram might help in some situations, but mostly 8Gb is enough.

What you have is a respectable low-mid range build. To really see much improvement would mean starting...

Don't dubble post. Delete this one.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
1. Better cooler. The hyper212 is decent, but with that cpu and the current state of games, you really need to be pushing the OC to its limits, 4.6GHz+ and the hyper212 can't handle that much and still retain decent temperatures.
2. The r7 370 is slightly better than a gtx1050ti, bordering the performance of a gtx1060/3Gb. On a 1080p/60Hz monitor (most of what you'll find anywhere) that's about an average setup, if a little on the lower end of average. Only a move to a gtx1070/Rx580 would be an honest upgrade and slightly beyond what that cpu can adequately handle.
16Gb of ram might help in some situations, but mostly 8Gb is enough.

What you have is a respectable low-mid range build. To really see much improvement would mean starting over, with a decent budget. Even a bump upto an FX8 series won't do much good, it's the same cpu, just 1 extra node (2x threads) so unless your games are fully demanding a minimum of 8 threads, 6 is fine.

Other than an SSD as a boot drive, there's little that can be done to top what you have now, without switching to a faster platform than AM3+

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 5oulja : "How can i make the best of AMD FX-6300"