Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk.

tindrli

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Greetings to comunity. i have huge problem that i dont know how to solve. i own Samsung NP370R5E laptop and tried to install windows 10 since it couldnt boot it self.

here is what i did .
1. i selected my partition and instalation told me that i cant install coz "GPT" partition style.
2. i execute diskpart and i did a CLEAN instruction on my Disc 0 and exited and returned to partition selection.
3. before there were 6 or 7 different partitions some system some primary some recovery and now there were only o two. the one is HDD and the other was external that i did photos and doc. backup.
wVJsGHR.png

4. i pushed NEW and select size and apply and it created a primary partition but now another error appeared that i never encountered before.
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu.”

I turned off laptop and enter BIOS and this is all i have.. and i think i tried everything including reset all to default .
this is Sysinfo screen and except time and date i cant change anything here
ainl3TE.png

advanced is looking like this
mUAnZMw.png

and to be able to boot from usb i needed to disable fast BIOS and set AHCI to manual and then set it to enable

this is boot screen and my main problem. before that second error that i mentioned above my boot selection priority looked like this
XFc0hNp.png

and after this error it is looking like this
tNXbEIl.png

notthing it is not detecting anything

the rest of boot screen is looking like this
ap7KMyK.png

now im really desperate since i dont know what to do .
can anyone help me? what did i do wrong and is there a way to reapir it?

thanx in advance people

Solution
Change os mode selection to uefi only and turn on secure boot.Restore bios back to defaults if need.

Fast boot just skips the bios section to reduce load time so you were right to turn that off.

When you get to the partition part again and is still a mess just delete everything and start new. It will create a few partitions as you seen before in small MB sizes. Leave those and click on the largest partition, be like partition number 4. Youll be on your way.

Pure UEFI is required to boot from a GPT partition, without the Compatibility Support Module (CSM). Enabling Secure Boot would guarantee you are using UEFI and fine if you are only going to use 10, although you may need a USB installer stick partitioned as GPT as well.

To boot from Legacy BIOS mode requires a MBR partition. The only way to convert from GPT to MBR using the Microsoft tools is to delete all partitions first, but there are third party tool that can supposedly do it without deleting your data.

tindrli

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
my problem is that i cant boot Windows install anymore from USB stick. the screen is
jialDGc.png
and no recovery is possible.
and in BIOS boot selection, as you could saw there is nothing no HDD and no USB... nothing..

my data is not important since i backup ed everything.
are you saying that converting MBR partiton back to GPT will make those recovery partitions visible again?
if its not too much trouble, since English is not my native can someone explain me step by step what is needed to make windows recognize my HDD and USB and ultimately how to properly make those partitions and do the install

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Change os mode selection to uefi only and turn on secure boot.Restore bios back to defaults if need.

Fast boot just skips the bios section to reduce load time so you were right to turn that off.

When you get to the partition part again and is still a mess just delete everything and start new. It will create a few partitions as you seen before in small MB sizes. Leave those and click on the largest partition, be like partition number 4. Youll be on your way.

Solution

troach64

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
This issue can also happen if your using a all in one media and enter the license key prior to selecting your windows 10 version from the list of versions. If this is your case, Just select I don't have a license key then select your version of windows to install and enter the license key after booting into the operating system.