Realtek Audio Driver R282 Missing HD Audio Manager NO HD AUDIO MANAGER - FIX?

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Hey there,
As you might have noticed, the recently uploaded new Realtek R282 audio driver is missing the good old (very old) "HD Audio Manager".
Version R281 and down actually had that.
Either the HD Audio Manager is bugged, or Realtek simply removed it. However the applications still appear within the folder of Realtek, but if you click on it nothing happens.

Has anyone found a sure-fire way to install the latest Realtek Driver AND have the Audio Manager working?
I need the HD Audio Manager mainly in order to use Room Correction and add +db and caliberate distances in order to produces better stronger sound from my speakers in problematic games (such as TW3 which has very low 5.1 speaker audio). I also use it to apply stuff like Audio Virtualization (for the same purpose of empowering the speakers) quickly on/off.

Solution
They still keep old drivers, it's just not on the website for download, only latest is there, but those download links of old versions aren't dead and can be downloaded, when you download something there's a download link, that's how i found thanks to chrome download history, if you use chrome go to realtek website and download R282 like usual (32 or 64 bits windows), after download complete do (Ctrl+J) to open the chrome download history, there you can see the file you just downloaded and below the download link of it, now click right mouse button over the link and copy it, open a new tab and paste the link in the address bar, now change 0009 to 0008 and R282 to R281 and click enter to download, doing this you can download any old...

xizzboy

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Had same problem, i have Windows 8.1 pro 64 bits and there wasn't HD manager with R282, so i temporarily used for a long time the sound settings in windows control panel to control everything, fix is rollback to R281 or wait for R283, maybe there's a bug, maybe they plan remove the manager for windows 10. Since i deleted the R281 installer i found it again, the azure download link for R281 still works and driver can be downloaded there.

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

Yes, please share a link from a safe reliable source.
What's the Azure download link?
Couldn't find it on their website.
I actually tried to contact Realtek on this and got zero response.

For now R281 is the only way to go. It's just dumb that instead of improving the ages-old HD Manager - as requested by users for over a decade probably - they removed it. And what's worse- they don't have an old version archive.

xizzboy

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
They still keep old drivers, it's just not on the website for download, only latest is there, but those download links of old versions aren't dead and can be downloaded, when you download something there's a download link, that's how i found thanks to chrome download history, if you use chrome go to realtek website and download R282 like usual (32 or 64 bits windows), after download complete do (Ctrl+J) to open the chrome download history, there you can see the file you just downloaded and below the download link of it, now click right mouse button over the link and copy it, open a new tab and paste the link in the address bar, now change 0009 to 0008 and R282 to R281 and click enter to download, doing this you can download any old version. If you already downloaded R281 in the past and you never deleted the chrome download history or format you computer it still there, otherwise do this to re-download again.

Solution

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

Quite a long time now and R282 is still the only driver available on Realtek and does not offer the HD Audio Manager. Was wondering if you are still using R281, like you said?
I still have it on my storage, I recently Clean Installed Window 10 - so I thought about installing R281 directly from storage.
The other option is just sticking to Windows 10 default audio drivers.
(also can you post the old R281 link for future use in this thread? I don't use Chrome on this PC).

chris2u

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

Sweet. Great for future use! Still the version I'm using (for the HD Audio Manager console).
Thanks buddy.

chris2u

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Yes, R281 works well, thanks! (Windows 7 x64)
Actually, I also found that the HD Audio Manager file (RAVCpl64.exe) was there in the R282 package
but would not work if double clicked, as it does with the earlier versions.

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
So, I just did xizzboy solution, after clean installing my computer, of downloading R282, and then going to Chrome downloads, copying the link and changing 009 part to 008 and 282 to 281 and - VIOLA! It works like charm:

Here's the Realtek R282 link:
http://12244.wpc.azureedge.net/8012244/drivers/rtdrivers/pc/audio/0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe

Here's the missing R281 link:
http://12244.wpc.azureedge.net/8012244/drivers/rtdrivers/pc/audio/0008-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R281.exe

This is taken straight from the official Realtek website: http://www.realtek.com/downloads
And therefore should be a lot SAFER to download from, than Filehippo.
Posted for future use.