PXE-M0F : Exiting PXE, What cause it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyramanda.s

Commendable
Sep 19, 2017
I have a Lenovo G480 5298, and i'm running Window 10 pro 64, last night i got an update version 1703, thing's went well and shut down without problem (which mean its installing update and such)
but suddenly when i restart it i got this
For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v.2.1.1.(09/03/12)
Pair No. 0000 CDT status=0200
Pair No. 0001 CDT status=0201
Check cable connection !
PXE-M0F :Exiting inte PXE ROM
i read any thing related to it and i came down to a conclusion that i should replace my hard drive
the thing is, most of what i read they really have defected hard drive (>4 years or so), mine still able to show up in bios, so i did this
i hook my laptop hard drive ( brand new WD blue 1tb (wdc wd10jpvx-00jc3t0) i brought 4 months ago) to my PC, and it can't read my second partition, which is D ( i got c for window and D for my data & games and such).
so i reconnect it to my laptop (which still giving me same problem), and i finally format both drive since when i try to reinstall the window C drive isn't exist any more
then after i format it on my PC, it's shows up again and i finally able to reinstall the window
-------------------------------------
My question is
    what cause it? i ran crystal disk info before i format it, and it says my drive only have 147 GB, and i ran diskmgmt.msc, the second partition is there but its not formatted (just huge chunk 800 ish )
    [Should i replace my drive thought crystal drive info shows no abnormalities?

Seems like your boot partition got corrupted, that message you got was from the default boot attempt path the laptop takes when it can't boot of a device. It will try the hard drive, then go on to the other. The PXE message is from it trying to boot off a network PXE setup using the network card.

If the disk can showed the disk as OK, and you can format it and use it, feel free to use it. If it dies fully later, replace it then. You are keeping backups correct? If not, you really need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.