Win 10 BSoD problem, could use some advice.

nothraven

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
So my living room media pc with win 10 froze during a movie and no longer boots normally, I could use some help to figure out the cause.

When booting it gives me the usual windows 10 bsod menu options. I first tried to use system restore point, but after downloading it got stuck on just on blue blank screen. Booted the pc again and tried start-up repair, after the checkup, pc went to the screen where windows shows that random background image and ask your opinion about it before you log in. Obviously I thought the problem was gone, but then noticed that the pc was now stuck on that screen, I could move the mouse but could't do anything else.

Booted the pc again and now I get the following message:

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

File: \Boot\BCD

After a little while it'll boot automatically again and goes back to the bsod, but this time there's no wait time, it shows instantly a message about some automatic repair under the blue windows logo.( I dont know the exact words as the pc uses my native language)
After that it'll get stuck to a black plank screen with mouse cursor and I'm no longer unable to get the normal bsod options like I was able first, it just all the time that error message about device etc, where it boots again to bsod and then to that blank black screen.

I tried to reseat on my pc components in case something was not in place properly, but didnt help. Then tried to do repair flash drive with W10 creation tool and with it I was able to get the normal bsod menu options back, but its been dead end so far after that.

I ran chkdsk/scannow with no errors and it was the only thing I'm able to do, every other option such as system restore, system recovery, start-up repair etc. gives me a blank blue screen with no mouse cursor.

HP Compaq 6200 Pro
i3-2100 3.10 GHz
Intel h61 6200
8gb
GTX 750 Ti

TRENDING THREADS