Windows 10 thinks my new monitor is my old one

bepisman

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Hello recently I purchased a new used monitor off amazon called the Samsung syncmaster s22a200b with a native resolution of 1080p. The problem is it is limited to 1680x1050 because that was my old monitors native resolution I have tried swapping my gpu and using a different computer (but it also used my old monitor so it didn't help) My gpu is a gtx 1050 and it has the latest drivers downloaded

Solution
The great solution – to download and install the latest drivers from manufacturer’s website manually (by downloading and running installer or executable file).
Another option is to try to install other drivers’ versions that could be found over the Internet. Find the proper drivers by Googling the hardware’s ID (you can find this information in its Properties) and then downloading and installing older or newer versions of drivers for this device (depends on which you could find).
You have to change the desktop resolution from within Windows. To do this, right-click on the desktop, select "screen settings", and in the new window that opens, at the bottom you will see a drop-down list of "resolutions", open it and select 1920x1080. That should make it :)

bepisman

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Windows will only let me go to the max resolution of 1680x1050 of my old monitor it will not let me go to 1920x1080p of my new monitor and it lists it as generic pnp monitor my new monitor was made in 2012 but it lists the driver date as 2006 and says that's the best driver

Samsung has drivers for its monitors, try installing them. Go here: http://www.samsung.com/us/business/support/owners/product/sa200-series-s22a200b/ , then select "Software & apps" at the bottom left, then where it says "Downloads". Install the driver, and try again.

cyril_it

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
The great solution – to download and install the latest drivers from manufacturer’s website manually (by downloading and running installer or executable file).
Another option is to try to install other drivers’ versions that could be found over the Internet. Find the proper drivers by Googling the hardware’s ID (you can find this information in its Properties) and then downloading and installing older or newer versions of drivers for this device (depends on which you could find).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS