Can't choose the correct resolution to my monitor

landmark

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
My Windows 10 computer was taking forever to boot, and my online research showed the issue could be a bad monitor driver. I deleted the driver so Windows could reinstall the Generic driver, and that solved the boot problem.

But now Windows won't allow me to choose the correct resolution to my monitor. It's only 1158 x 864 (or similar ratios). The image is all stretched out and blurry.

Or when I play with the physical buttons on my monitor, I can change from "Full" mode to "Aspect" and the screen is no longer stretched and blurry, but now there are wide vertical black bars on either side of the screen. It's very annoying.

I reinstalled the correct driver for my monitor (Acer G206HL) which I downloaded from the Acer website, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas?

You should install the correct drivers for the Display adapter you are using like if you have GPU you should install the driver for that and if using onboard VGA then use display driver for your motherboard from official site.
what are your full system specification?
and Slow boot can be HDD issue too

landmark

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
I don't have a graphics card. I use onboard VGA with my motherboard, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3. I downloaded the VGA driver package from the support page and ran the Setup.exe that was in the zip folder. It ran and completed, but there's no change to my display.

Here are my specs copied from Speccy:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-4350 13 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (Socket M2) 40 °C
Graphics
G206HL (1152x864@64Hz)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00ZF5A0 ATA Device (SATA) 31 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 W ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

landmark

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
I'm sorry, but what do you mean switch back to 7? Do you mean downgrade my OS? I don't want to do that. And the monitor was working fine until I deleted the driver to fix the booth problem.