Connecting a tablet to a GPU via HDMI?

UndeadThrashGuy

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I've decided to use one of my older tablets as a secondary PC monitor full time. I know there are apps for this, but since the tablet has a mini-HDMI port, and I had the required hardware, I decided to plug one end of my HDMI cable to a GPU slot, the other one to a HDMI-to-miniHDMI adapter, and then that to the tablet. This is where my brain stopped working and just asked myself "..what now?". The tablet has an app called "HDMISwitch" but that doesn't seem to work, or atleast I cannot figure out how. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance!

Just a side note, I couldn't find anything on this topic via Google. There were just "via USB" ones that I am trying to avoid.

Solution
Your gpu is a HDMI out only and the tablet is HDMI out. Connecting two outputs together can fry things as both are output a voltage and signal to each.

This won't work. That app is more than likely to only switch the HDMI output on and off.
Your gpu is a HDMI out only and the tablet is HDMI out. Connecting two outputs together can fry things as both are output a voltage and signal to each.

This won't work. That app is more than likely to only switch the HDMI output on and off.

Solution