Intermittent issue where Monitor and peripherals shut off but PC still on

TDKPyrostasis

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Looking for a bit of help here before I start randomly replacing / RMAing parts.

I bought a threadripper system last month here are the exact specs
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/timidx3/saved/6s9qsY

System has been going well for the most part but I have a recurring issue thats driving me nuts.

The PC will randomly turn off both monitors, mouse and keyboard, but the CPU fans still turn. During this even the mobo code is 00

The odd thing is this mainly happens when they computer is not being used. At first I thought it was a screensaver / sleep issue but I'm using the high performance profile with no sleep no monitor turn off and the issues persist.

I've had it shut off on me ONCE while at the PC but 99% of the time its when the PC is idle. IE I get up to get a drink and come back to a dead PC.

I thought it might be the PSU just not having the juice to run the system but then again it can run it for a 12 hour streaming / gaming / recording session fine as long as I dont walk away from it for long.

Any thoughts on what this might be or how I might go about tracking down what specific component it might be?

I am runniny 3600 ram that defaulted to 2100 thats now been boosted to 3066. However I am NOT getting blue screens.

Kenton82

Reputable
Have you gone into the 'Advanced power options' in the power settings menu? There you will find all of the power management settings for all of your connected peripherals.

TDKPyrostasis

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Yes hibernation has been disabled. All sleep (monitor, hard drive, computer, etc) have all been disabled.

I'm running high performance power mode with everything sleep related disabled and the issue is persisting.