After months of getting Service Stop Exception, I found the culprit

gabrielcro

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
Since I made this PC, every few days I would get a random BSOD (Service Stop Exception). It's a brand new AM4 motherboard, Ryzen 1800x, 1080 SLI and 32gb set up. When I would get the BSOD, I could not use the computer anymore except for safe mode. Assuming a driver issue, I would always delete my 1080 drivers, and then the computer would work fine without safe mode for about 3-4 minutes until windows automatically updates the drivers again, and then it would crash. The only fix was reinstalling windows completely, at which the computer would not get a BSOD for about a week. So I've been reinstalling windows on a weekly basis for months until I found the little culprit to my problem. I looked into everything, damaged hardware, checked my disks, damaged harddrives/ram, I checked everything I could, there was absolutely no visible problem with my computer or Windows 10.

I used to live in South Korea, and brought my computer with me to the U.S. One of my side monitors is an off-brand Korean 144hz monitor that is only sold and used in Korea. It's damn cheap for being 144hz, only like $80. Turns out that Windows 10 (English edition) could not properly recognize the monitor/its drivers because it's a cheap Korean monitor meant for Korean versions of windows, even all of the drivers details/properties are in Korean. I deleted the monitor's drivers/unplugged it, and the computer has had no problems since. I was on the verge of scrapping this entire computer and just buying a new GPU/motherboard thinking it was a SLI problem the entire time. I hope this post helps at least 1 person having this BSOD, I would've never thought a "Service Stop Exception" would have ever been related to a side monitor.