PC shuts down and can't reinstall Windows 10

shadowkon626

Reputable
Jun 9, 2016
I have made countless threads and I still can't fix my PC. My PC randomly shuts down. As if it were to lose power and then it starts back up all on its own. There is not a certain thing that causes this to happen. It's random. It can go weeks or even months without happening and sometimes it will happen everyday for a week. This has been happening for about 2 years now. I've bought brand new psu's and that didn't work. I brought a cryorig CPU cooler for my i7 3770 which isn't even overclock able. And it helped for about 1 month then it started happening again. That's not even the worse part. I've had to literally do a clean install of Windows 10 about 7 or 8 times now because Windows keeps messing up. I would say it's because of the sudden shut down, but there have been times were I just start my PC up and windows wont load. And literally Everytime I try to do a startup repair it tells me that it can't fix it. And even when I try and to a reset of my PC it'll get about half way through and then tell me that there was a problem and it can't be reset. Which is what's happening now. It's extremely annoying! I've got a decent PC and all it ever does is give me problems. I have no idea what to do anymore. I'm considering just buying a new CPU, motherboard and sad.

Solution
It could be a faulty motherboard, but not sure how to test it other than trying a different board. Maybe an incompatibility with the CPU and the mobo. Please list the system specs and include the BIOS version you are running.