Windows 10 suddenly looks terrible

Ryan_352

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
I bought and downloaded Project Cars from Steam and when i ran it, it changed windows 10. for example, the window buttons look like this:
70Pkw
(For those that cant see the image the link is https://imgur.com/a/70Pkw )
and the cursor looks ugly, some animations are gone. I have no idea what happend but it really looks bad. What can i do to make it nice again?

Solution
The image you were trying to post should be shown below:
0k3fFOw.jpg

Hi Ryan, try this: Right click on your desktop and choose Personalize. On the left choose Themes. On the right scroll down to Apply a theme and choose a different theme to see if that fixes the problem.

If not, you may also want to look at the Colors options on the left. If you are use to seeing white buttons at the top/right of a Window then you can change the colors there by unchecking Title bars if it's checked.

Tip: According to this page, this is an ongoing problem with this game. What you can do is get all of your desktop settings how you want them, then go in and choose Save Theme. This way...

gardenman

Splendid
The image you were trying to post should be shown below:
0k3fFOw.jpg

Hi Ryan, try this: Right click on your desktop and choose Personalize. On the left choose Themes. On the right scroll down to Apply a theme and choose a different theme to see if that fixes the problem.

If not, you may also want to look at the Colors options on the left. If you are use to seeing white buttons at the top/right of a Window then you can change the colors there by unchecking Title bars if it's checked.

Tip: According to this page, this is an ongoing problem with this game. What you can do is get all of your desktop settings how you want them, then go in and choose Save Theme. This way after you play the game and it changes things around on your desktop, you can go back and reload your saved theme.

Another link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/4d2p0t/project_cars_sets_my_windows_color_to_automatic/

Solution