How to save a whole or partial website for offline accessibility -- Automatically, not manually

darrellbunger

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
My problem: I have a section of a website that I use extensively but do not always have internet connection for accessing it.

Platform: Windows 10 and Ubuntu Studio Linux 16.10 dual boot

My goal: I would like to be able to save this section of website for offline browsing independent of OS i.e. I do not want to have to manually cache the entire section of web pages in browsers on both OS'es - once would be quite a long time but to then need to redo for my other OS... ugg. I'm aware I could just use one OS when using the site but I don't want to get into a situation where I have to reboot just to use the cached pages unless I have to.

What I know: There is a way to cache webpages manually for offline browsing within your browser.

My concerns: Is this legal or in any way considered copyright infringement, provided the website is free to access and is public domain?

Solution
Possibly this? https://www.httrack.com/

But, what is your interaction with the site? If simply "reading", then it may work.
But if you are wanting to interact with it more in depth, off-line will not work.

darrellbunger

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
@USAFRet, my interaction is read-only. I'm wanting to make the study part of a bible studying website available offline regardless of my connection status. HTTrack provides exactly what I need for my interaction with the website - strictly informational. The software actually has a function where it will update the downloaded website domain, which will be a nice easy way to occasionally update my stored copy for any changes or additions. Thanks very much for the suggestion!