went back to windows 7 from windows 10 and decided to go back but said my computer didnt have a activation code even though i

radiantcosmic

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
So i was at windows 7 then went to windows 10 and then i decided to go back to windows 7 because of a problem (my internet wasnt working so i couldnt search it up) so i went back to windows 7 and searched it up and i want to go back but it said that windows isnt activated even though it is and when i checked my system it said 3 days untill automatic activation. activeate windows now so i did and it didnt work it just said The windows 7 ultimate product key you typed is invalid for activation. i didnt want to pay for something that i already bought. can someone help me solve this problem out?

Solution
In my experience, the vast majority of Win 7 Ultimate licenses are either corporate, MSDN, or straight up pirated.
The first 2, not for resale. The last speaks for itself.

In any case, if that is now reporting as a not-valid license...there is only one entity that can fix it.

And...if the seller did not give you the COA and license key along with the installed software, you didn't really "buy" anything.

USAFRet

Titan

1. Where did your Win 7 Ultimate come from?
2. How long was it with Win 10, before you went back to Win 7 U?

radiantcosmic

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Well i don't really know where it went from as one of my friends gave me their pc .
i was in windows 10 in less then a day

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Did your friend actually *pay for* Windows 7 Ultimate? Just because he has it doesn't mean he bought it legally from Microsoft or an authorized retailer.

radiantcosmic

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

That doesn't necessarily mean anything; pirated Windows will show up as activated and pirates have reported successfuly upgrading to Windows 10 from pirated installs. Did you actually *know* that it's a legit Windows 7 Ultimate or are you *assuming* based on apparently incomplete knowledge? People here can't help with faulty information.

USAFRet

Titan
In my experience, the vast majority of Win 7 Ultimate licenses are either corporate, MSDN, or straight up pirated.
The first 2, not for resale. The last speaks for itself.

In any case, if that is now reporting as a not-valid license...there is only one entity that can fix it.

And...if the seller did not give you the COA and license key along with the installed software, you didn't really "buy" anything.

Solution

radiantcosmic

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

hello? doesnt it require windows 7 to actully be activated to update to windows 10?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Again, not necessarily.

Since you won't answer a straight question about your install, there's nothing I can do to assist you further with your problem; I'm unfollowing this thread now.