PC no signal if turned off overnight

MrAlanSmith

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
If I turn off my PC overnight and turn it back on all the fans spin like normal but says "no signal" on both monitors, Iv tried everything, Iv reseated everything and CMOS battery 6 times, I changed it 4 times.

Bad PSU?

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Happened to me too. In my case, it was a bad PSU and it killed my motherboard.

Try plugging the display into motherboard port, as resetting the BIOS might've set iGPU as default.

Check your motherboard for error lights (ASUS Motherboards usually have them) and see which one lights up. If it's CPU_LED or DRAM_LED, the mobo is most probably to be at fault.

If you or your friend have another desktop, test all other parts - RAM, GPU, HDD/DVD drives. Then, test the CPU if the reference PC matches the socket. Be extremely careful not to physically damage anything.

If you can, get a working PSU from the reference desktop and see if it's able to make the system boot.

MrAlanSmith

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

My mobo is a MSI 970A G43, Everything works but there is no signal, My v rail on my PSU was past 14 ....
Iv just ordered another PSU, getting it tomorrow

MrAlanSmith

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

What's up bro, Still waiting on it, Its coming today, Still waiting, If the PSU does not fix the problem I'll have to take it to a repair shop because I don't have a spare mobo,CPU.GPU or ram so have no choice.

PC turns on but there is no post/bios Iv tried almost everything.

MrAlanSmith

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

confirmed it's not the PSU, The guy at the shop tried another GPU and it would not show any signal... So it's not my GPU, So it's motherboard or CPU...

What do you think?, I need help badly...

I have another question.. Would a PC boot if the CPU is dead or faulty?,
ill be buying a new motherboard tomorrow from Amazon, I think it's the motherboard that has died but what i don't understand, All the fans work but i get no signal and i don't think the bios is working to be honest, When the bios works i get a signal, I tested this a few days ago when my PC was working.

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
As I said before and with experience, it's extremely rare to have any CPU issues, by my experience, in real life and on forums, 99% chances are that the mobo has gone bad for some reason as it's very complicated. Test your CPU too, just in case, if you wana be 100% sure and then get a new motherboard... The same one if you dont wana reinstall Windows again and dont wana configure things too much.

Sorry for any weird English. Not getting proper sleep these days.

MrAlanSmith

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

Can 2 ram sticks die at the same time?, I'm going to buy a cheap 2gb RAM to test on my machine, Should i buy a new motherboard aswell? or just wait for the RAM to come?.

The PC powers on but no signal

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
For a quick change, also make sure your monitor cables are perfectly working. Test your monitor. It'll be really awkward to replace the motherboard and all, to realize the screen was bad xD

Yes, anything (or most things) can die at anytime if something goes wrong, when it comes to hardware.

BIOS is the basic Input-Output system, which, imo, will work only when the hardware works properly first.

"No Signal" on your display means that the computer isn't giving any output on the display, and which is usually fixed on resetting the BIOS, which you did try, so that must mean that there's something wrong with your hardware.

Now, get the new motherboard, as your old one is most probably faulty.

MrAlanSmith

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

I tested my monitors with a HDMI in a laptop, No problem, Worked fine and i'm thinking the motherboard is faulty aswell and what do you know?, I got up and turned on my PC and my PC GAVE SIGNAL TO MY MONITOR.... My mouth dropped to the fall and i was in shock and i was like WTF is this some kind of joke?.... So when i get up in the morning i will do it again and see if it works but i did change the power cable...