Dual Monitor Setup

lolman86

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
Dear people, I came here to ask a question about a double monitor setup. I want to get a double monitor setup, one monitor being a gaming monitor and the other a productivity monitor for editing videos and watching movies or other things. Can you guys give me any suggestions about the 2 monitors i should get. the main price total i would like is $500. And the monitor size about 24 inches. Thanks

Solution
That's going to be difficult unless you sacrifice some quality in the panels or sacrifice IPS. Unless you increase your budget.
Here is an option for mounting without vesa. I assume you want floating monitors for a specific reason.
Of you essentially increase your budget from 500 to like 550 then you can do this with two of the 1440p monitor I recommended
http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-Easy-Way-to-Mount-Non-VESA-Monitors/

lolman86

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017

I have a custom built pc gtx 1060 and i5 processor. I'm not looking for a monitor that has crazy color reproduction maybe just a good IPS monitor and usually i game at 60 or higher fps. Also i usually don't change the game resolution i just keep it normal but having the option to have 1ms response time and 144ghz is nice. Right now i have only one monitor which i'm going to get rid of which is my HP 2159m.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I didn't do a whole lot of research for you but I did a little and combined it with my own personal knowledge on monitors.
You aren't getting over 60hz without paying $$$. You can however have good response times of 5ms and lower (1ms is overrated and is really only going to be a thing that matters to those who think it actually gives them a measurable edge in fast paced first person shooter games and only in the highly competitive realm like straight up E-Sports)
But you will have a good time playing any game at 60fps with 1080p or higher.
And when it comes to getting IPS it comes down to some very technical and very detailed research for good quality panels and that is hard to come by on a budget.
But here is my recommendation. The Acer G257HU is my recommendation. Getting two of these will put you just above your budget but take note that with B&H unless you live in NY or NJ you won't pay any taxes on the purchase and you will get free shipping. I of course am assuming though that you live in the U.S.

I threw the other Acer in there as a recommendation for a fantastic monitor that costs a hell of a lot less to give you some options. I do recommend that you delve a little bit into the research of monitors and their quality and how they vary.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Acer - H226HQLbid 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer - G257HU smidpx 25.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor ($257.40 @ B&H)
Total: $357.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-25 02:02 EDT-0400

lolman86

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017

Both of those monitors look good but the problem is there both not VESA compatible and i want them to both to be 24 inches. Could you find something else ? Sorry if i'm asking for to much.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
That's going to be difficult unless you sacrifice some quality in the panels or sacrifice IPS. Unless you increase your budget.
Here is an option for mounting without vesa. I assume you want floating monitors for a specific reason.
Of you essentially increase your budget from 500 to like 550 then you can do this with two of the 1440p monitor I recommended
http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-Easy-Way-to-Mount-Non-VESA-Monitors/

Solution

TRENDING THREADS