Can't Boot Error 0xc0000225

VortXChannel

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
Yesterday night, I fell asleep and this morning my PC was off for some reason so I went to turn it back on but when I turned it on, it give me the blue screen with error 0xc0000225 and it says enter to try again. When I press enter, the screen just flashes and does nothing except add that it's something to do with winload.efi, pressing F8 also does nothing. I've tried a few things already after searching around like bootrec /fixboot etc.. but none of it worked. If someone could help me out and fix this, I'll be tipping you some crypto. Thank you.

Edit (missed details): I have 3 drives in my system, a WD Black 512GB NVME drive, a 3TB Seagate HDD and a 1TB WD HDD. When I do diskpart and list volumes, my NVME drive where my OS is installed doesn't show, maybe the drive failed? But if the drive failed, how am I accessing Windows Recovery in the first place?
I'm debating on taking my pc to NCIX or something like that and just pay them to fix it.

Solution
0xc0000225 means that a file is missing which is, in your case, crucial for booting.

A guess why you can run recovery is because the recovery is placed on a different storage device.

Can you see the nvme drive in the BIOS?
0xc0000225 means that a file is missing which is, in your case, crucial for booting.

A guess why you can run recovery is because the recovery is placed on a different storage device.

Can you see the nvme drive in the BIOS?

Solution

VortXChannel

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014

Ahahah silly me, I forgot to check the BIOS... When I checked my BIOS, apparently my boot order somehow got switched to my old drive where I had previously installed Windows as the boot drive.

Thank you for the help lol, DM me and I'll tip you some coins :)