The weirdest lag I've ever had

karpezjem

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Hey. I built a new PC recently. Everything went fine, even got an original Windows 10 key, installed all the drivers and stuff. All my favourite games like Witcher, M&B Warband, CS:GO, Arma III worked well, with a good fps. After a few hours I noticed a weird lag, that reminds of ping-related issue. The lag happens only while playing online, only when I attempt to shoot/swing sword, any interaction. I just started "swimming", teleporting and stuff. As if I had high ping. I've checked the ping, it was about 20-30ms at all times, I pinged all the possible sites, monitored it for a while - nothing special happened. I also disabled Windows 10 auto-update, Cortana, anything that could possibly raise ping. Made sure all LAN drivers are update. No effect - I still lagged. I checked if that thing also happens on other PCs in the same network, it doesn't. I've tested both wired and wireless. I have even connected to network of my friend, just to make sure it isn't a network-related problem.

I thought it's a Windows 10 issue, as on my previous PC I used Windows 7. Rolled back with no effect again.

I did just anything I could do, played with the BIOS, tried different, older drivers, compatibility modes, just everything. I have no idea what else could I do, no other hardware forums could help me anyhow.

My guess is that it's either cause of the motherboard or HDD issue, as I took an old HDD from my previous PC - though it wasn't laggy before.

My PC specs:
H110M-HDS
I5-6600
GTX 1050Ti
8GB DDR4
500GB HDD
Corsair VS 450W
8mb/s and 100mb/s networks

I hope you guys could give me atleast some tips where to search for a solution, I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.