Thoughts on selling 1070 SLI Setup

drewski989

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
Against prior forum recommendations :sarcastic:, I have (2) 1070 EVGA FTW ACX cards and the EVGA HB Bridge.

After messing with DOOM for 2 days, corrupting my save game twice, and PC restarting on me 4-5 times while playing, and "Into the Fire" frame dips that made the game unplayable... I switched to single GPU which has been smooth and pain free. Since I ran all my benchmarks and had the "fun" of setting up SLI, I think I am ready to go to a single card, which has to be the 1080 TI FTW3 Elite, in my opinion.

So, my questions...
1) Is ebay likely the best place to sell?
2) Given the shortage of 1070s and recent auctions I have seen, what would be a good Buy It Now price? (I was thinking $400 each)
3) Would it be better to sell as a pair or individually? (One card is older AUG16 but with Samsung RAM and OCs much better, other card is about 8 weeks old but is Micron and not as good OC)
4) Is the EVGA warranty transferable?
5) What is the seller risk (in people's opinion) of eBay? I am worried that someone will get the cards and try to dispute something, even though they are both rock solid... Then I end up with no cards and no money :(
6) Is there a good way to protect myself from this by the way I word the ebay post?

I know that's a ton of questions, but I am very apprehensive about selling these cards, even though the value is enough to basically even up trade for a 1080 TI.

THANKS!!!

Sep 26, 2017
1) If you can sell it in person that's better. That way ebay doesn't take a cut off the fees.

2) Depends on which 1070 it is and how long you have had it. With out more details nothing more can be said. (For instance a base 1070 should run cheaper because you can buy them new for 429.

3) Sell individually most likely. You have more buyers that way and you are not limiting yourself.

4) EVGA warranty is transferable for everything except B-Stock items which have a limited warranty anyway.

5) I believe they have to return the cards but pending how it is setup you could be out fee's and shipping. This is why a local sale trumps ebay b/s.

6) Yes don't use ebay.

drewski989

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016

That's a pretty good idea. I got the newer one right before the boom, NewEgg had them for a day for $380 and with a $30 EVGA rebate. I could unload that one and wait it out. Something to consider...

drewski989

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016

To clarify:
EVGA 1070 FTW ACX - Purchased AUG 2016 - Samsung memory
EVGA 1070 FTW ACX - Purchased JUN 2017 - Micron memory

And the eBay route seems like a good way to get screwed. The issue is, I live in a pretty economically-challenged area of the country, not sure a ton of peeps have the $$$ to throw down on higher-end GPUs, but maybe...