How to reinstall Windows 10 without a CD or USB?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2381205
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2381205

I'd like to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC because I've had some errors with it. I want to completely wipe my C: drive and put windows back onto it without the need of a CD or USB. I have a D: drive where I will store all my needed data and I want that drive to be untouched. How do I do this?

Solution
Well, to do a complete reinstall is pretty much just a new install from scratch...& that means you have to have the Windows installation ISO loaded onto some sort of media (USB or DVD) for it to read from to do the initial setup. The only way would be if you have some sort of backup software that let you do a complete "reinstall from backup"...but even then I'm betting you have to have some sort of bootable media (flash drive or disc) in order to run it.

That doesn't mean you can't use your D: drive, as I would definitely recommend storing all of your personal files there -- savegames, pictures, Office documents, backups, etc.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
Well, to do a complete reinstall is pretty much just a new install from scratch...& that means you have to have the Windows installation ISO loaded onto some sort of media (USB or DVD) for it to read from to do the initial setup. The only way would be if you have some sort of backup software that let you do a complete "reinstall from backup"...but even then I'm betting you have to have some sort of bootable media (flash drive or disc) in order to run it.

That doesn't mean you can't use your D: drive, as I would definitely recommend storing all of your personal files there -- savegames, pictures, Office documents, backups, etc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS