Monitor keeps turning off and on.

kazurengan2

Honorable
Sep 18, 2017
I don't know whats happening , my monitor keeps going black and turning on again.
i checked my GPU temperature and it's on 50ºC. i don't have other monitor to test, but
it was working well last night, nothing like this happened.

today it started by turning off and on in intervals of 2-3 minutes
but now it's worse. it's doing this for each 5-10 seconds.

What's causing this?

Solution
I had a similar issue. My last TV had this odd snow in the latter part of its life. I narrowed it down to the monitor or the cable. A reset of the driver always brought the image back to normal.

That doesn't sound like your issue does it?

The TV died. A moment please... FF a couple months and I get a new TV. TV would mimic your issue. William(who hailed from Ocham) told me to replace the HDMI cable. Issue fixed when I did.

You mentioned the GPU temperature. That suggests a card. Does the issue still happen if you plug into the motherboard? You didn't list your specs so I've no clue which CPU you are using or if it has an integrated GPU. It's just a possibility.

Then I suspect it's either a faulty monitor power cable (intermittent break in the cable), or the monitor itself is faulty, since any loss of signal from a fault in the PC would usually cause a "No signal" feedback message on the screen (it's built in to the monitor's firmware).

Obvious first thing to try is replacing the monitor's power cable.

I had a similar issue. My last TV had this odd snow in the latter part of its life. I narrowed it down to the monitor or the cable. A reset of the driver always brought the image back to normal.

That doesn't sound like your issue does it?

The TV died. A moment please... FF a couple months and I get a new TV. TV would mimic your issue. William(who hailed from Ocham) told me to replace the HDMI cable. Issue fixed when I did.

You mentioned the GPU temperature. That suggests a card. Does the issue still happen if you plug into the motherboard? You didn't list your specs so I've no clue which CPU you are using or if it has an integrated GPU. It's just a possibility.

Solution