Does the "Media Creation Tool" for installing Windows give a selection of operating systems to install?

Dirty_Sprite

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Will I be able to select "Windows 10 Professional OEM" or does it just install Windows 10 Home?

I'm looking for the OEM copy of Windows 10 Pro, I have a key but cannot find an ISO anywhere.

Perhaps you just put the key in and it downloads the OS accordingly?

Please clarify for me

Thanks

I have never seen that. I use the Media Creation Tool regularly and it always downloads a complete ISO for both home/pro. If it works differently for you then you are doing something wrong.

The total download should be just over 4 gb with everything included.

Dirty_Sprite

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

It didn't work that way for me, because all it does is install windows updates and then dump me back onto the desktop, and sometimes when i login there's just a black screen and i have to control+alt+delete to get back to the lock screen so I can restart and fix it.

It doesn't prompt for me to punch in any code anywhere whatsoever, only prompts to install windows 10 pro, but like I said, all it does is install updates.

you said you had a code correct? why did you not enter that code when it prompted you during the install?

You do not have to enter the code during install. If any PC on the Planet Earth already has Windows 10 installed, a person can enter the code at any point in space and time.

Simply go to>settings>update and security>activation>change product code.

This only takes about 2 minutes to upgrade from home to pro via this methjod, with no ISO file to deal with.

Of course the OP never asked that question and that I why I never offered the information sooner.

Have you ever used the media creation tool to install Windows 10? It does not work the way that you implied in both of your posts.

It will not prompt you, you have to download the file and create installation media (I use Rufus). Then you have to use the installation media just like any other ISO file.

ummm yes.. .....

All right, then you know that when you use that site there are several different options that are accessed via drop down menus. Thus, using these options you have complete access to various different features and versions.

It should be easy enough for a novice to navigate to get the version that suits their needs. You could try it yourself if you are in doubt. I did it last night just to confirm my earlier posts.

lol don't tell me then i am not the one having the problem

But you are the one giving bad advice. The OP has a pirated version anyway, so this whole thread is moot.