Lastpass messed everything up

rozsa.mate5

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
Today I installed Lastpass, used it for about half an hour time then realized it messed everything up. By messing everything up I mean I can't log in to disqus, feedly and instagram anymore. I uninstalled Laspass, reinstalled Chrome but nothing helped. I still can't login to feedly, disqus and instagram from my computer.

running windows 10 on dell inspiron n5110

Solution
OK well you have a couple of options.

1. Try manually signing into one of your websites that you're having trouble with. LastPass should then either prompt you to save the site or update the saved credentials.

2. Head over to the LastPass Chrome extension, click it and search for the site in the LastPass vault. If it's there, right-click on the saved site, click edit and have a look at the credentials that have been saved and check they're correct.

rozsa.mate5

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

Yes I installed it and when I saw that it messed my things up I deleted it but it did not solve my problems. SInce then I can only login to disqus, feedly and instagram in incognito mode.

bazedwards

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
OK well you have a couple of options.

1. Try manually signing into one of your websites that you're having trouble with. LastPass should then either prompt you to save the site or update the saved credentials.

2. Head over to the LastPass Chrome extension, click it and search for the site in the LastPass vault. If it's there, right-click on the saved site, click edit and have a look at the credentials that have been saved and check they're correct.

Solution

rozsa.mate5

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

I can sign in to the mentioned websites using incognito mode or other devices with the passwords I usually use for them.

Disqus always gives me an error message but it doesn't say anything about an incorrect password.

On Feedly, I cant even click on "sign in".

bazedwards

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

The fact that things work in incognito mode and not in normal browsing suggests maybe it's something to do with your cookies. Try clearing them and your local storage too. Also try uninstalling any other extensions you might have that may be interfering.

rozsa.mate5

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

I have already done all of that.