Screen loses signal after boot

GalenDragonay

Honorable
Oct 17, 2016
I was playing a game a few days ago, when it suddenly crashed. After the crash, my computer wouldn't start the game, so I thought maybe a system restart would solve the problem.
However, when I tried restarting my rig, the screen went to idle state after the boot process, as if it hadn't been connected at all, while windows (10) started without a problem in the background.

So far I reseated and recabled my gpu, turned on the system and checked wether the fans on it are working (the do), checked its temperature (it's lukewarm); the screen was still idling all the while.
Then I switched to integrated graphics in the bios, relocated my HDMI into the mobo, and checked the gpu status in gpu-z, which indicated that my card works properly (clock speed, power draw, temp, etc. was all ok, the card was idling since, well, it wasn't utilized). Windows Device Manager said there were no problem as well.
I've tried entering safe mode (which worked just fine), wiping my gpu driver along with geforce experience (following the guide on tomshardware), starting up Normal Mode without the driver (worked fine once again, because the rig used the integrated gpu, according to gpu-z), and downloading the nvidia driver manually. At this point, gpu-z stopped displaying the status of my card, it only displayed the integrated gpu.

While installing the newest version of the proper nvidia driver in Normal Mode, my screen lost signal once again, leaving me no option but to restart, enter safe mode, wipe the driver, etc. and try to install the previous version of the driver.
It did not worked, so as a final measure, I tried to install the driver from the disc that came with the video card, which gave the same result as the previous attempts.

I am now completely clueless on what to do, and the best solution I can currently think of is buying a new graphics card. My system is 2-3 years old, and so far everything worked properly. Aside from the occasional windows clean reset and hardware cleaning, there wasn't any need for me to go this far to maintain the rig's integrity.

Any helpful advices on how could I revive/reconnect my gpu?

My system's specs:
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC
Intel Core i7 4770
Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3
WD Black 1TB
XFX TS 550 Gold

GalenDragonay

Honorable
Oct 17, 2016
The minimum power requirement is 600W because it is a general requirement: it takes into account that the users may have a non-80+ certified PSU, which would result in a ~450W functional power output; my PSU on the other hand, is 80+ gold certified, meaning its functional output is around 480-500W, so there is no problem for sure.

How could a system work stably with a PSU that doesn't provide enough power, for more than 2 years?