Google Chrome won't run at above 60FPS

martin1592

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Hello, I have a dual monitor setup, the primary monior is a 1080p 144hz monitor and the secondary one is a 4k 60hz one.
For some reason, Chrome shows everything at a max of 60hz. I dont know when this happened exactly (at least a few weeks ago), but I'm sure it was working fine when I first got the monitor. The display settings are correct, everything else apart from Chrome is correctly at 144hz, also tried with Firefox and it's fine.
Any idea what it could be? Hardware acceleration is already off.

I'm currently using Chrome 60.0.3112.113 (should be the latest one)
i7 6700K
16GB RAM
1080Ti

Thanks!

Solution

Maybe 60FPS is the right term, I'm not really sure. Everything looks the same on my monitors despite one of them being 144hz.
It makes things look A LOT different, specially when scrolling, everything is just so much smoother. If you are used to having everything move so smoothly and then it just isnt anymore, you really notice the difference. I'm using Firefox momentarily since it works correctly, but I have everything setup on Chrome since it's connected to my mobile device as well, so I'd like to continue using chrome on my PC.

I'm going to try canary right now, I'll edit this in some mins.

Edit...

martin1592

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017

Maybe 60FPS is the right term, I'm not really sure. Everything looks the same on my monitors despite one of them being 144hz.
It makes things look A LOT different, specially when scrolling, everything is just so much smoother. If you are used to having everything move so smoothly and then it just isnt anymore, you really notice the difference. I'm using Firefox momentarily since it works correctly, but I have everything setup on Chrome since it's connected to my mobile device as well, so I'd like to continue using chrome on my PC.

I'm going to try canary right now, I'll edit this in some mins.

Edit: actually Canary works flawlessly, I'd still like the normal chrome to work correctly but this is definitely a better temporary solution! Thanks!

Solution