HELP! My computer is keep spamming spacebar and nothing is fixing it! What can be the issue?

sneakyla

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
HELP! My computer is keep spamming spacebar and nothing is fixing it! What can be the issue?

Yesterday night, out of nowhere my computer started spamming spacebar like crazy. It's just endless space bars. First, I thought it was my keyboard but it wasn't. My keyboard space key and enter key were all fine! I even unplugged my keyboard and the spacebar was still being spammed. Then I tried resetting the computer and it's STILL spamming spacebars. So I thought, maybe I got a virus? so i've made the decision to reformat my computer right there and then after saving all the files in google drive. I needed to reformat my computer anyways so I had no problem making this decision. After reformatting, I was hoping everything was going to be back to normal but the spacebar is STILL SPAMMING in the windows welcome page! Now I'm thinking this HAS to be a hardware issue. Could this be a fault in my motherboard? Or my harddrive? Someone please help me!

Thank you!

Solution
well, it shouldn't be the hdd as you reformatted it.

What are specs of PC? What motherboard is it? Perhaps updating BIOS will fix this, we can at least look to see if anything similar around.

Since it happens in the install screens, can more or less discount 3rd party drivers

I expect booting from Ubuntu would have same reaction. I mean, it could be a driver thing but it would be random. Some virus can survive a reformat by living on the motherboard but they pretty rare.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, it shouldn't be the hdd as you reformatted it.

What are specs of PC? What motherboard is it? Perhaps updating BIOS will fix this, we can at least look to see if anything similar around.

Since it happens in the install screens, can more or less discount 3rd party drivers

I expect booting from Ubuntu would have same reaction. I mean, it could be a driver thing but it would be random. Some virus can survive a reformat by living on the motherboard but they pretty rare.

Solution