Games randomly stop working and causes PC to not work properly

prestonschexnayder

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
I don't know why this started happening all of a sudden but when I play certain games ( PUBG and Rainbow six ) they randomly freeze and if I am lucky enough to end the task, it still says there is a process that is running and taking up my memory that I cant kill, even if I use the command prompt it says the task in not running / cant be found.

This has been happening for a couple of months now and the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows fresh. Even if i uninstall the games then reinstall it does the same shit. But if I reinstall my OS it works fine.

Solution
Hello prestonschexnayder

It looks like the graphics driver is set to automatically update itself, and the updated version is not yet compatible.

You can try rolling back the graphics driver to its earlier version and disabling its automatic update, and then see if this fixes the issue.

Feel free to report back if this doesn't help and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!! :)
Hello prestonschexnayder

It looks like the graphics driver is set to automatically update itself, and the updated version is not yet compatible.

You can try rolling back the graphics driver to its earlier version and disabling its automatic update, and then see if this fixes the issue.

Feel free to report back if this doesn't help and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!! :)

Solution