was thinking of selling computer, how much would it be worth?

fireangel1996

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
I was thinking of selling my computer and was wondering how much yall think it would be worth if i sold it the specs are..
Intel Core i7 4790K
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3
MSI Z97 GAMING 3 motherbord
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 super over clocked
931GB Western Digital WDC hardrive.
all parts are only a few years old, was thinking of selling this one and buying a new one with better specs, how much would a computer like this be worth?

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Overclocked? Cooler? Windows key? Just the list provided, you could sell for $750, easily. someone puts a SSD in it and a 1080(ti), and they are pretty much complete. If its never been oc'd, it would be more desirable, but judging by your chip, it's doubtful. If it comes with Win10, I'd say $850 is an easy sell. People who know computers, but are afraid to build would jump on it, but that is who you are competing with. If you go up to a thousand, you're going to get less attention from the whole, and start getting part-pickers. Once you sell...say the cpu, the whole system value dives because the person who buys your comp wants a complete, for say, his son's Minecraft Rig. I would also say, it depends on how you sell it and you're area's income level. $1k is a lot less in San Fran then Iowa. Just my 2 cents.

fireangel1996

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
hmm if i just do that it would prob be cheaper than actully buying a brand new pc come to think of it, how much do you think i can sell a used gtx 970 grafs card if i replace it?