Can't Install Windows 10 because Endless OS installed. Need Help ASAP!

ramdanmuhamad96

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
i bought my new ASUS laptop and it already has endless OS installed. I want to install windows 10 and already made an USB bootable media but it doesn't detected as bootable and i can't even set the boot priority. Please Help ASAP!

My laptop spec is:
Intel Celeron N3350 1.10Ghz
2048 total RAM
Intel HD Graphics
500gb HDD

The bios is American Megatrends ver. 211
it doesn't have Legacy Boot option
i already tried made an usb bootable using either GPT or MBR partition type. I bought this laptop to do my thesis and i need it today. please help me, guys. :(((
Sorry for my bad english

Solution
Yeah, redownload the ISO and use either Rufus or YUMI (from the link in my previous post). The boot USB is likely not made in a specific way your BIOS needs it. YUMI, for instance, uses GRUB as a boot manager, so it should work on most systems.

The OS on your system has nothing to do with it, and it can in no way impact the bootability of your USB or its recognition as a boot drive in BIOS.

ramdanmuhamad96

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

fast boot already turned off, secure boot too. i have no idea.
do i need to uninstall the endless OS first? if that's the only way, how can i uninstall it?

ramdanmuhamad96

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

this is the boot option
35mmamo.jpg

and the security for secure boot
w9uvpe.jpg

Aceina

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
It would help to know the exact model of the laptop you bought.

You could try pressing F8 or F12 during bootup, as that's usually the temporary boot device menu.

Also look for anything called CSM mode in the BIOS and make sure it's on (it will support DOS devices).

Finally, I'd recommend making the USB windows install drive using Rufus, and selecting the option for UEFI systems in the formatting tab just to be sure it's set up the right way.
Link to Rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

If your USB stick is not recognized in BIOS, this is the first issue you need to solve, otherwise it is pointless to go on. First, try to enable CSM if your BIOS supports it.

Try using this free utility to create a bootable windows USB stick:

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

If USb is still not recognized in BIOS as a boot device, try connecting it into a different USB port. In fact, try all of them. If nothing helps, it might simply be the fact that you need to try a different stick alltogether - I had several cases of this before, and swapping the stick did the trick (hey, it rhymes...).

If you get it to show under our BIOS boot settings, you are golden, and should boot easily.

ramdanmuhamad96

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

Yes, you're right, that's the first problem to solve. I already did what you said but nothing happen. The bios keep detecting the USB device as a storage not a bootable device. i too already go to boot option setup and my bootable device not listed. i read some articles that said that i need to uninstall the endless os first because it's partition system makes windows setup confused. but how can i do that?

Yeah, redownload the ISO and use either Rufus or YUMI (from the link in my previous post). The boot USB is likely not made in a specific way your BIOS needs it. YUMI, for instance, uses GRUB as a boot manager, so it should work on most systems.

The OS on your system has nothing to do with it, and it can in no way impact the bootability of your USB or its recognition as a boot drive in BIOS.

Solution