Possible Directx11 Issues after PC Restart when launching games

lancewalker21

Reputable
Oct 2, 2017
So basically, today someone was replacing my outlets. He accidentally hit the fuse while my PC was turned on, which shut it off, and ever since (I don't know if it's related to that or just restarting my PC, since i rarely restart my PC) whenever I try to launch PathofExilex64.exe it gives me a crash message saying the dx11 client crashed, would you like to launch in dx9? When I launch divinity, the screen goes black like it's starting up, then I get a crash message. Overwatch works fine. Playunknown battlegrounds crashes as well right on startup, borderlands 2 and Bioshock infinite work fine, witcher 3 works fine...

Any ideas? I've reinstalled the latest version of DirectX, but got a message saying a newer or identical version was already installed. I've tried launching these games as administrator, restarting PC, updating graphics card...Using Windows 10 x64 home. I've been playing these games for weeks, the crashes just started happening randomly today. I also turned off in game overlay from the steam menu.. I also verified integrity on divinity 2, nothing.

lancewalker21

Reputable
Oct 2, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lancewalker21 : "Possible Directx11 Crashes on Path of Exile + Divinity OS: II + Pub, Maybe More"

So basically, today someone was replacing my outlets. He accidentally hit the fuse while my PC was turned on, which shut it off, and ever since (I don't know if it's related to that or just restarting my PC, since i rarely restart my PC) whenever I try to launch PathofExilex64.exe it gives me a crash message saying the dx11 client crashed, would you like to launch in dx9? When I launch divinity, the screen goes black like it's starting up, then I get a crash message. Overwatch works fine. Playunknown battlegrounds crashes as well right on startup, borderlands 2 and Bioshock infinite work fine, witcher 3 works fine...

Any ideas? I've reinstalled the latest version of DirectX, but got a message saying a newer or identical version was already installed. I've tried launching these games as administrator, restarting PC, updating graphics card...Using Windows 10 x64 home. I've been playing these games for weeks, the crashes just started happening randomly today. I also turned off in game overlay from the steam menu.. I also verified integrity on divinity 2, nothing.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lancewalker21 : "Directx11 Steam Game Crashes"

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lancewalker21 : "DX11 Crashes on Divinity OS: II & Path of Exile + More"