What version/file type of Windows 10?

apple_noob

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

I was looking into getting windows 10 for a new PC I'm building, but there are so many options and I'm a little bit confused. I was wondering if there is a legitimate place to get windows other than the Microsoft website. I want windows 10 pro mainly for security/customization features, but I don't want to pay $200 for it. Also, is there a difference between the download and the USB? I heard some people saying to get the full license not an OEM; what does this mean?

I know these are a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

Solution
oem mostly for builders to bundle the os with hardware. it cheaper but is locked to the mb it installed to. retail has the chance to let you move it onto newer hardware. the retial dvd vs usb vs download.
dvd is cheaper. you can download the newest version of windows 10 and make your own usb stick. with just oem key you have to make sure it a legit sight.
oem mostly for builders to bundle the os with hardware. it cheaper but is locked to the mb it installed to. retail has the chance to let you move it onto newer hardware. the retial dvd vs usb vs download.
dvd is cheaper. you can download the newest version of windows 10 and make your own usb stick. with just oem key you have to make sure it a legit sight.

Solution