windows cannot be installed on this disk the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be insta

agrovater

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
my friend is having a problem and when he tries to download windos it says this "windows cannot be installed on this disk the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed on gpt disks" I looked it up and i just need to find a way to get throught the bios because his is differnet that what a website says so if someone could explain step by step that would help a ton. he has a FM2-A75MA-E35. any help would be amazing

Solution
All this error needs you to do is delete all the partitions on the hdd and click next, windows 10 will create 4 partitions and continue the install.

See step 13 here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

MBR = Master Boot Record. The format used on all Windows hdd up to Windows 7. MBR drives can only have 4 partitions max and max size of 2 TB
GPT = GUID Partition Table. This is the format used by Windows 8 & 10. GPT drives can have up to 128 partitions and max size is (silly) 18.8 million TB

GPT format was designed to fix MBR limitations.
MBR drives match Legacy systems, basically any PC made before 2009 uses Legacy
GPT drives match EFI systems, which is any PC made since 2009.

EFI = Extensible...

Colif

Win 11 Master
All this error needs you to do is delete all the partitions on the hdd and click next, windows 10 will create 4 partitions and continue the install.

See step 13 here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

MBR = Master Boot Record. The format used on all Windows hdd up to Windows 7. MBR drives can only have 4 partitions max and max size of 2 TB
GPT = GUID Partition Table. This is the format used by Windows 8 & 10. GPT drives can have up to 128 partitions and max size is (silly) 18.8 million TB

GPT format was designed to fix MBR limitations.
MBR drives match Legacy systems, basically any PC made before 2009 uses Legacy
GPT drives match EFI systems, which is any PC made since 2009.

EFI = Extensible Firmware Interface, but you don't need to know that :)

Solution