Windows shuts down for a few seconds after exiting bios...

Aug 4, 2017
Problem in title.
Very basically:::
Turn on/restart PC boots into windows no problem.
Turn on/restart PC, enter bios, make or don't make changes, exit bios... PC Shuts down for a few seconds, turn on, posts to initial windows logo, remains.. If I press reset button on case a few times it will eventually load into OS.
Problem literally only occurs if I enter bios.
Problem occurred recently after full reset of windows 10 and bios flash.

Thanks for the read.

Solution
Au contraire, A lot of information is never bad. :)

Now, due to your detailed reply, I see that there is not one but at least 2 issues with your system:

1) Possible virus/malware in your OS
2) Your original issue

Good news is that both point towards one resolution: A fresh new clean install of windows

I see you mention that you have already reset windows and I assume you mean that you went into your PC settings and reset windows which uninstall certain apps and suggest that the owner will have a better experience after doing that. If that is the case, you really need to do a fresh clean install of windows. No reset, no upgrade, just a new fresh install.

On the other hand, if you have already done the clean install of windows, then...
Aug 4, 2017
CPU: i7-4790k
RAM: G.SKILL SNIPER 2x8 2133
MOBO: MSI z97a gaming 6
GPU: Gtx 980ti Gigabyte G1 gaming
PSU: EVGA GS 1050 Supernova
SSD: Samsung 850 evo
Disk drive: blue ray...
Case: Fractal define r5

First off:
I posted a second thread a week or so ago...
"PC degredation over several months. I don't know what to do anymore. Please help..."

With great detail which may be left out...

What i have tried since, and current thoughts are...
- checked event viewer. 1 error in sclregprocessuse. Registry error?
- chkdsk /r
- sfc/ scannow
- DDU drives
- installed msi drives from site.
- service repair application
- passed memtest86 4 times 0 errors.
- multiple full/offline scans
- Reset cmos

I thought it must have been a hardware issue for the longest time, but given that this problem only occurs when entering/exiting bios, It seems software related?? Possibly because of corrupt bios flash??? Incomplete/failed windows reset??? Registry corruption (months ago BSOD's occurred randomly after registry cleaner ccleaner, hence, reset. None since)??? Rootkit/ virus (black command prompt pops up instantaneously, immediately after logging in, then oc guru starts up, only occurs at login, also pops up immediately when pc finally restarts through windows, and runs system diagnostics, as it's initializing/running- task mgr. Details- saw command prompt pop up randomly a couple time [just here, not on screen] then disappear, before I could check it, may be nothing, but it scares the crap out of me. Only started happening after windows reset.)????

I know that was a lot of information to ingest, a lot of it probably useless.
Please help if you can.
Thanks again!

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Au contraire, A lot of information is never bad. :)

Now, due to your detailed reply, I see that there is not one but at least 2 issues with your system:

1) Possible virus/malware in your OS
2) Your original issue

Good news is that both point towards one resolution: A fresh new clean install of windows

I see you mention that you have already reset windows and I assume you mean that you went into your PC settings and reset windows which uninstall certain apps and suggest that the owner will have a better experience after doing that. If that is the case, you really need to do a fresh clean install of windows. No reset, no upgrade, just a new fresh install.

On the other hand, if you have already done the clean install of windows, then your issues are unfortunately out of my area as I am more of an AMD guy. However, there have been certain issues with certain BIOS on certain motherboards. If you look it up and find this is the case, then your best bets would be either the Intel guys on this forum or MSI.

TL;DR: Please do a fresh clean install of windows.

Solution

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006

I am glad that your problems were just because of some rogue app and not a big hardware issue. Phew!!
And, if I may say so (without insulting your intelligence, please do not take it otherwise), please refrain from using any and I mean ANY custom software from even the most reliable of sources. e.g. for your use case, I would just use MSI Afterburner and nothing else. I have a zotac card myself, but I have never used Zotac software, e.g.

Good luck with the build man. :)