Is the Asus VG248QE good for gaming?

jevlezky

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Like the title says, is the monitor good enough for gaming. I would prefer to get a monitor that offers g-sync, but I can't afford one at the moment seeing as how my PC build nearly sucked my bank account dry. Another question I have is that is it really necessary to have a G-sync capable monitor?

Solution
G sync is not necessary, in all honesty it's so useless to me that i would just disable it and use ULMB mode instead. The biggest problem I have with g sync is increased input lag vs no v sync on.

However, that's just me. I'm sure it's nice to have for those slower games. But no not even close to being necessary.

The VG248QE was the flagship gaming monitor when it debuted, so it better be good for gaming LOL.
G sync is not necessary, in all honesty it's so useless to me that i would just disable it and use ULMB mode instead. The biggest problem I have with g sync is increased input lag vs no v sync on.

However, that's just me. I'm sure it's nice to have for those slower games. But no not even close to being necessary.

The VG248QE was the flagship gaming monitor when it debuted, so it better be good for gaming LOL.

Solution

As long as you're in the Gsync window, the input lag is practically unaffected. Above the native refresh rate Gsync defaults to Vsync on, but you can just turn that off.

They must of fixed that then, cause I heard g sync offers a small penalty in latency. Pretty sweet!

It's fine although an older model. Usually there are better options for the price at this point.

TRENDING THREADS